|Lionel is a professional product reviewer and has reviewed and recommended countless products. He is also very active in the resistance training area of focus and knows the importance of usable information which can be applied at the most basic of fitness levels.|
Six Pack Shortcuts Score
|Quality of the Product|
No Holds Barred Truth. Six Pack Shortcuts Review
You’re here because you want an honest review of Six Pack Shortcuts by Mike Chang. More importantly, you want to know if its real or if its some kind of scam. Well I am here to give you exactly what you want. A “No-Holds Barred” honest opinion of what I like and do not like about Six Pack Shortcuts. First off I will say this. Forget what you have heard about the program thus far because most of the reviews are from people who do not even own the product or have never even tried it before. Forget what you have read in body building forums as well because body builders and meat heads alike take a much different approach to building muscle than what is outlined in this program. So without further ado, I will dive right into this review.
What is Six Pack Shortcuts?
Six Pack Shortcuts is a 4 Phase program designed to last 3 1/2 months that was created by ISSA Certified personal trainer Mike Chang. Now if you don’t know who Mike Chang is just go to Youtube and type in anything related to “Six Pack Abs” and I can almost bet you my top dollar that you’ll see one of his videos. He and his partner Danny Rose (Mixed Martial Artist) teamed up to create what they call the ultimate Six Pack Abs solution.
These are some of the bold claims Mike makes on his website:
- He has a shortcut that will burn belly fat and get you the body of a fitness model
- You won’t have to do long workouts
- You won’t have to go on a fad diet
- You won’t have to do endless situps or crunches that don’t work
- You can do all this without taking dangerous fat burning supplements
These sound like some pretty bold statements and I took it upon myself to do some research to try and get to the bottom of all this hype in my Six Pack Shortcuts Review.
First off, the shortcut he refers to what is known as the “After Burn” effect or Excess Post Oxygen Consumption. This is where your caloric expenditure and raised metabolic rate remains in effect up to 48 hours after your workout. That means that while you’re sitting on the couch watching “300″ your body is still in fat burning mode. After going through the Six Pack Shortcuts Workouts I can tell you that its no joke, you have to put forth the effort to put your body into fat burning mode.
The workouts in phase 1 are probably the longest. They could take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. So the first set of workouts you do can in fact be long unless you modify them a bit.
The diet laid forth in the Six Pack Shortcuts system is pretty straight forward and simple. Mike uses a basic set of principles. “Low” not “NO” meaning you should limit your sugar/fat/ intake and keep the portions small but do not completely cut them out. Easy enough!
Most of the workouts require you to engage your core but there are few exercises that are meant to directly isolate the abs. You will do some ab work here and there but the premise of Mikes program is to make you realize that you have to lose the belly fat for your abs to be visible. This can be achieved through the workouts.
With the intensity of the workouts taking fat burning supplements will not be necessary. I think Mike does a good job at explaining the dangers with fat burners. More importantly most “thermogenics” on the market today are nothing more than caffeine pills.
Those where my first impressions of the program and how the claims stack up after going through the workouts myself.
Six Pack Shortcuts Testimonials
What I found interesting about the testimonials is that they are actual SPS member results. The testimonials actually came from people who have bought the program and gotten results from it and sent in there “Before & After” photos. To me this speaks a lot about Six Pack Shortcuts. Many programs out there have paid testimonials and people who were already in great shape before trying the program.
Six Pack Shortcuts. The Good, the bad, the ugly.
- Metabolic Training. Program will teach you how to get the most from your workouts
- Zero Will Power Eating System. A simple eating system that teaches you how to prepare and cook healthy meals in advance.
- Complete system is video based, no boring PDF files to read.
- Lots of variety with the workouts. The system can be modified or tailored to suit your needs.
- Support system is fantastic.
- Its been around for a while now. Its not something that came and died out within a year. SPS has stood the test of time thus far.
- Workouts are intense so you know you’re getting maximum benefits.
- 60-Day Money Back Guarantee in you’re not satisfied with the product
- Free 30-Day Membership into Mikes 24 Week Advanced Training Course.
- Additional equipment will be needed (i.e. Dumbbells, Pull-Up station,)
- Some of the workouts are long.
- You may need a gym membership to complete the workouts in Phase 3
Who is Six Pack Shortcuts For?
- Anyone who wants to get into great shape and learn from a professional
- Anyone who has been trying to get six pack abs but just could not
- Anyone looking to challenge themselves and push past old plateaus
- Anyone trying to create a more effective workout
- Anyone who wants to be eye candy
- People who put forth minimal effort but expect maximum results
- People who want an over night transformation
- People who don’t like a simple, laid out system that’s proven itself time and time again.
- People who don’t like to weight train.
What you get with Six Pack Shortcuts
- 21 Full After Burn training videos
- Customizable plan to fit your needs
- Email support from Mike
- Zero Will Power Eating System
- 30 -day Free trail of Mikes 24 Week Advanced training course
- 60-Day Money Back Guarantee
- A set of dumbbells-Can be purchased at any sporting goods store. Usually cost about a $1/lbs. So a 35lb dumbbell will usually run you $35. (You could purchase equipment from “Play It Again Sports” they sell “used” goods at a much cheaper price.)
- A Pull-Up station/bar. I recommend the Perfect Multi-Gym Pull Up Bar because it grips the door panel without you having to modify it.
- A George Foreman Grill or A NuWave Oven to get the most health benefit from the meals you will be cooking.
- You might just need a gym membership to complete the workouts in the phase 3. In this phase you go HEAVY for 12 Days Straight to shock the muscles. You may not have the required resistance.
Six Pack Shortcuts can help beginners and veterans too.
Since this entire program is video based (even the Getting Started section) newbies should have no problem learning about the different exercises in the program. There is an exercise chart detailing which workouts to do, the rep scheme, how many sets, and how long to rest between sets which is also accompanied by video. Mike and Danny do a great job explaining the theory behind the “After Burn” Effect and why their system is much more effective than traditional exercise.
I personally got a better understanding of effective workouts and how they should be structured from maximum benefits. The Zero Will Power Eating System is also a great addition to the program. The only complaint I have with it is I don’t have room for all the pre-cooked meals in my fridge.
My final verdict of Six Pack Shortcuts
I give the program 5 stars. The video demonstrations are a strong selling point in my opinion. There are a lot of great products out there but reading hundreds of pages of PDF’s gets old pretty quick. I now know how to structure my workouts so that my body is still in fat burning mode after I’m done. I believe I can take my results even farther by continuing this program long term.
The claims that Mike and Dan have made turned out to be true for the most part however, I will say that you have to follow a good meal plan to see the results they claim. If you continue to eat sloppy you will see much slower results if any results at all.
If I could add anything to Six Pack Shortcuts I would detail a diet plan that would help you get super ripped in the shortest amount of time. I would introduce this plan maybe in phase 3 but definitely stress it in the first 2 weeks of phase 4.